GDPR – Have You Got It Sorted?
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is now in force, as is the new Data Protection Act 2018 which enshrines the GDPR into UK law. The law applies to all types and sizes of organisations, including charities and community groups - any business that routinely handles personal data.
This course is for voluntary and community organisations who have maybe made a start on their compliance but have stalled, or for anyone needing a refresher on the key points of the law and the priority actions they need to take in their organisation. And if GDPR has pass you by so far - it's a chance to catch up. It is aimed at trustees, managers and key personnel with responsibility for personal data management. It may also help reinforce some GDPR compliance activities your organisation has already completed.
- A brief review of the history of data protection law
- Highlighted legislative changes
- Fundamental compliance requirements for businesses
- The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) role and function
- Why you need to know what personal data you process, and why you are using it
- Exploring the correct lawful bases for processing
- Reviewing breach risks and conducting impact assessments
- Considering security and how to amend key staff behaviours
- And much more
Trainer: Kim Bradford
£25 VCS - CVS members
£35 VCS - non-members
This course is only available to Hertfordshire community groups, charities, social enterprises and other not-for-profit organisations.
To book your place, you can fill in the form here.